Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!


My little man turned six years old today! WOW! Where has the time gone...feels like yesterday, I could snuggle him (barely, he was 8 lb. 3 oz.) in the crook of my arm and rock him all night long! Now, I am lucky if he wants to sit with me to read a book.
With our vacation ending this past weekend, we planned Jake's birthday party for this Saturday. However, this has caused great confusion for Jake. While we are cutting cake with family this evening after supper, he doesn't understand why he is not having a party today. He has asked me all day if today was his REAL birthday or his FAKE birthday! LOL!
On another note, Jake is venturing out into another sport. As of today, he is old enough to play football so we are signing him up for a camp for the next three weeks. I am taking him and leaving him (GASP!) with his dad during camp. This will be tough for me! Remember this is coming from the person that has either coached him or been team mom for every team so far! But he needs to be independent in this adventure! Plus, it will be rewarding for him and Joe to do this together!
Until next time,
Blessings!
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment